KSU is considered as a regional logistic centre for the whole East Africa region. This hub, managed by MSF Supply, allows all MSF operations to obtain regional support. This professional procurement organisation is necessary to provide effective services.
KSU offers logistic and procurement services and is developing the following activities:
- Local purchase of pharmacist approved medicines, medical and non-medical equipment
- Storage and warehousing, stock management: managing pharmacies (GDP approval), non-medical stock management, preparation for emergencies
- Transport: mainly using two transport modes (road and air), for operations in East Africa
- Managing transit of goods coming from Europe. Managing the transit zone (Transit Go Down), whilst waiting for reexport to a neighbouring country.
- Customs clearance and handling for international freight from Europe or elsewhere for Kenya.